L’Oreal HiColor hair dye is a well-liked strategy to obtain dramatic colour modifications on darkish hair. There’s an excellent likelihood you already know that the hair dye doesn’t comprise bleach, however the truth that it could lighten darkish hair so properly has folks questioning if it’s damaging.
We are going to deal with that intimately on this article so you’ll be able to simply determine whether or not it’s a product you’d prefer to attempt.
Does L’Oréal HiColor Harm Your Hair?
L’Oreal HiColor can simply injury your hair. L’Oreal HiColor is particularly formulated to take your hair from the blackest black to shiny purple, violet, magenta, blue, and even blonde in only one step.
The principle plus is that it does so with out bleach, which is thought to trigger important injury to the hair. Sadly, many assume that since L’Oreal HiColor doesn’t have any bleach, it couldn’t probably be damaging to your hair – this couldn’t be farther from the reality.
Simply because a product doesn’t comprise or require bleach, that doesn’t imply that it’s damage-free.
L’Oreal HiColor Requires 30 to 40 Quantity Developer
In keeping with the directions from the producer, L’Oreal HiColor hair dye (check current price) needs to be combined with a 30 or 40 quantity developer to raise the pure pigment out of your strands. Right here’s the place issues get bushy.
Builders are available a number of ranges, together with 10, 20, 30, and 40. The upper the extent, the extra raise and potential injury you’ll be able to anticipate. Right here, we’ll check out every developer energy when used with everlasting hair colour:
- 10 quantity developer – Opens the hair cuticles very barely. It’s a deposit-only possibility (no raise and nearly no injury).
- 20 quantity developer – Generally used for slight colour modifications and might produce 1 to 2 ranges of raise. Some folks discover that their hair is drier than traditional after using 20 volume developer.
- 30 quantity developer – Produces 2 to 4 ranges of raise and covers grays with ease. Some will expertise dry, brittle hair after utilizing a 30 volume developer.
- 40 quantity developer – Produces 3 to 4 ranges of raise for high-impact colour modifications and full grey protection. This developer energy needs to be used with warning because of the injury and breakage that might happen.
Since L’Oreal HiColor requires 30 or 40 quantity developer, it’s important to watch out when coloring your hair with it. Look out for elevated break up ends, extreme dryness, and breakage.
Methods to Decrease Harm with L’Oreal HiColor (Earlier than Dyeing)
Folks colour their hair with hair dye and 30 quantity developer on a regular basis – some are capable of protect the well being of their hair whereas others usually are not.
To present your hair one of the best likelihood of staying wholesome post-processing, we suggest that you just observe the under steps earlier than dyeing your hair.
Have a look at Your Hair
Earlier than you even take into consideration making use of 30 or 40 quantity developer to your hair, study your curls. For those who’re already coping with break up ends, breakage, or continual dryness, placing sturdy chemical substances in your hair will not be a good suggestion.
You’re an excellent candidate for L’Oreal HiColor in case your hair is robust, unprocessed, and properly maintained.
Chorus From Damaging Styling Practices
We suggest refraining from heat-styling or enjoyable your hair inside per week or two of coloring it. The higher the situation of your hair earlier than coloring it, the higher the outcomes shall be.
It’s additionally a good suggestion to avoid any high-manipulation styles – assume field braids, fake locs, and many others. Types like these can depart your hair susceptible to wreck from coloring.
Observe: Important injury can happen once you make giant modifications in your hair’s colour. For instance, going from darkish brown hair to intense purple or a brighter shade would require some kind of lightener (like bleach) and expose your hair to potential injury.
If in case you have darkish hair (e.g., black hair, naturally darkish brown, reddish-brown hair, medium brown hair, and many others.), learn these articles to discover ways to dye your hair with out inflicting important hair injury.
Don’t Wash Your Hair
Keep away from shampooing your hair for a few days earlier than coloring it. To guard your scalp from the doubtless damaging results of high-lift colour, you have to protect its pure oils (sebum).
For those who wash away your hair’s sebum instantly earlier than coloring it, there’ll be no barrier between your scalp and the hair colour.
A uncooked scalp and hair dye don’t combine properly, usually resulting in scalp redness, burning, swelling, and even hair loss.
If in case you have buildup in your hair from gels, pomades, or a flaky scalp, wash that away a few days earlier than dye day. That manner, your scalp can have a while to provide extra protecting sebum.
Moisturize and Deep Situation
Along with limiting washes, it’s important to moisturize and deep situation your hair 24 to 48 hours earlier than dyeing it. It will strengthen and hydrate your hair, lowering the probabilities of injury and dryness following the hair dyeing course of.
Learn the Directions Fastidiously
Among the best issues you are able to do to attenuate injury to your hair is to learn and perceive the directions on the L’Oreal HiColor packaging.
They’ll specify simply how a lot hair colour and developer it’s best to combine, how lengthy to go away the combination in your hair, and extra.
For those who learn by way of the directions and have questions, you’ll be able to take a while beforehand to name the producer or a stylist for help. Solely after you fully perceive the directions must you colour your hair.
Do a Strand Check
Now that you just’ve finished some prepping and browse the directions on the hair dye packaging, it’s time to do a strand take a look at.
This can be a step that everybody ought to take to forestall undesirable outcomes and irreversible hair and scalp injury. To do the take a look at, observe the under directions:
- Put some gloves on to guard your palms.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of L’Oreal HiColor hair dye and 1 ½ teaspoons of developer right into a bowl (if the directions on the packaging are completely different from these, go by these directions as a substitute).
- Select a tiny part of hair close to the again of your head and apply the colour.
- After a few half-hour, rinse the hair colour from the strand after which permit it to air dry.
- 24 hours later, notice the next:
- How the hair appears – Is it the colour you hoped to realize?
- How the hair feels – Does the hair really feel clean and supple or brittle and damaged?
- Stretch the hair strand out and see if it bounces again – if it doesn’t, the hair has misplaced its elasticity.
After doing the strand take a look at, you may make an informed determination about whether or not to undergo with the total dye job, attempt a special colour shade, or shorten the processing time.
Restrict Harm After Dyeing
When you dye your hair with L’Oreal HiColor, your strands shall be porous and liable to additional injury. It’s going to make an enormous distinction for those who take the next steps to maintain your hair as wholesome and vibrant as potential:
- Give your hair a break – Don’t wash it until completely obligatory, restrict styling, and keep far-off from warmth. Additionally, cowl your hair up at evening to protect its moisture ranges.
- Situation usually – Situation your hair each time you wash it, and deep situation it a minimum of as soon as per week. Your thirsty strands will thanks.
- Use a warmth protectant – For those who can’t steer clear of the warmth, apply a heat protectant beforehand to kind a protecting barrier in your color-treated hair.
- Put the blow-dryer down – Blow dryers are a type of oblique warmth that may wreak havoc on color-treated hair. As a substitute of blow-drying your hair, air-dry it.
All of this will appear overwhelming, however it’s obligatory if you wish to preserve your hair in your head following a harsh colour job.
For those who don’t have the will, time, and persistence to do this stuff, it’s best to select a no-damage colour possibility like momentary or semi-permanent colour.
With L’Oreal HiColor, it’s essential to take each precaution you’ll be able to to keep up the integrity of your hair.
Although the product is not going to be as harsh in your hair as bleach can be, it could nonetheless alter the standard of your hair for the worst. We hope that the knowledge on this article allows you to remodel your hair with out ruining your curls.